- Non-invasive and non-destructive
- Works by sending acoustic waves down a pipe, tube, pipeline or pipeline network
- These waves pinpoint with great accuracy any build-up of deposits, corrosion, leakages, dents and blockages
- Results are then interpreted by a signal processing suite.
- Proven technology – demonstrated exceptional efficiency in working pipelines in the USA, south east Asia and the North Sea
- Now available for commercial applications through Euler Acoustic Solutions
- Highly sensitive, robust and simple to use
- Integrates easily into existing equipment, increasing efficiency, saving money and improving flow assurance
For operation-critical pipelines, Acoustek®’s technology can provide continuous monitoring, a much more thorough approach than periodic inspection. Because of its sensitivity, it can detect problems such as build-up of gas hydrates at a very early stage, allowing remedial action to be taken before hugely expensive and disruptive blockages occur.
One-off trouble shooting
Acoustek® can also be used for one-time trouble shooting, such as locating a stuck pig.
- The IET Innovation Awards 2010 – Measurement in Action category
- Shortlisted and commended for IChemE Awards – Innovative Product of the Year category
- Shortlisted for UK Energy Innovation Awards 2015 – including Best University Technology
- Easy to deploy and relatively inexpensive
- Continuous monitoring capability – useful for monitoring hydrate build-up or real-time tracking of pig progress
- Suitable for complex pipeline networks
- Straightforward to integrate with existing pipeline equipment
- Remote surveying capability
- Only requires access to one end of the pipeline
- Accurate location of blockages
- Short survey time
- No disruption to gas flow or normal operations